ARTISTS UNITE: A BLACK LIVES MATTER ART ANTHOLOGY!
Corey Taylor, a Virginia resident, father, and a 22-year Air Force veteran, is a self-published comic book author and artist. He is currently working on the third issue of his own comic book series titled “Kopy Kat and the Bomb Squad”. As a result of his nation’s current state of racial divide and social injustice, Corey felt the need to put his personal projects on hold, and use his artistic platform to be a catalyst for change and unity. He has spearheaded the “Artists Unite” project in hopes of doing just that. The anthology features artwork and poetry inspired by the need for change, desire for unity, and the Black Lives Matter Movement, with contributors from around the globe. All proceeds from this project will be donated to charities supporting the Black Lives Matter movement.
70+ Artists and Poets from around the globe have contributed to this amazing project!
All proceeds from the sale of this book are going to be donated to the Black Lives Mattercharity/organization.
The Journey to complete this project
Working on this project has been an amazing experience! I am so proud of the art community on Instagram and Facebook! I have met so many amazing artists and writers, and have truly been blessed by this experience. I have received nothing but love and support from so many wonderful people from around the world. All I had to do is ask, and they stepped up to the plate and made this project happen. I am so proud of all of the people that supported and inspired me to make the “Artists Unite Project” a success.
Artists Unite Book
This 60-page “full color” art-book has already been completed and sent to production on 08 July 2020. The initial “proof” copies have been received on 17 July 2020. After the 30 day crowdfunding campaign is complete, a thank you page will be added to the book, and all orders will be mailed out mid-August 2020. No later than 01 September 2020.
- $3 DONATION: $3 will be donated to the Black Lives Matter organization, and your name will be added to the “Thank you page” in the printed art book.
- $10 DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF THE BOOK: You will receive a “digital download” copy of the book. Available as soon as the campaign ends. Your name added to the “Thank you page” in the book. $10 will be donated to the BLM charity/organization.
- $15 SOFTCOVER COPY OF THE BOOK: You will receive the 60-page Softcover book mailed to you in a rigid photo mailer envelope. Your name added to the “Thank you page” in the book. $10 will be donated to the BLM charity/organization.
- $25 HARDCOVER COPY OF THE BOOK: You will receive the 60-page hardcover edition of the book mailed to you in a rigid photo mailer envelope. Your name added to the “Thank you page” in the book. $10 will be donated to the BLM charity/organization.
- $40 EVERYTHING: You will receive all of the perks! You will receive the digital download of the book, the softcover copy of the book, and the hardcover edition. Your name added to the “thank you page” in the book. $20 will be donated to the BLM charity/organization.
Risks & Challenges
There is a very low risk involved in this project. I have already received the artwork and poetry from the artists involved in this project. The design of the book has already been completed. The initial “proof” copies have already been received from the printer. The book will be printed and mailed out within two weeks of the end of the campaign. The donation to Black Lives matter will be made after all books are printed and mailed out to the supporters.
Thank you to all of the Artists and Writers who contributed to this project!
- Dylan Nadsady Pensacola, FL
- Pan Cooke Ireland
- Alice Monson Bath, UK
- Andrea Sterling Miami, FL
- Leah Farshid Main, USA
- Alinda Saintval Boyton Beach, FL
- Sofia Lui Texas, USA
- Monika Zsofka Seaside, CA
- Elliot Hurley Michigan, USA
- Dave E. Phillips San Jose, CA
- Aaliyah Sherie Broward County, FL
- Jade Wisconsin
- Mizael Oliviera Brazil
- Georgina Stokes Vancouver, Canada
- Derrick Johnson Fredericksburg, VA
- Lee Katherine May Providence, RI
- Amso Yaro London, Ontario
- Eric collins Richmond, VA
- Makayla Benjamin Gaithersburg, MD
- Desiree Borges Washington, DC
- Nychole Owens Southern California
- Mitchka Herard Boston, MA
- Miguel Lazo New Jersey, USA
- Jayda Davis Lakeland, FL
- Florence Martinez Manila, Philippines
- Samantha Mennella New Jersy, USA
- Mike Machira Nairobi, Kenya
- Lila Afifi California, USA
- Rodney Clerge Page Philadelphia, USA
- Lee Lopez Lakewood, Ohio
- Drefar Virginia, USA
- Chelsea J. Olympia, WA
- Tony Mulkes Celle, Germany
- Rachel Ziegler Oakland, CA
- Don Aquillo
- Augustus B. Cole
- MightBe Montpelier, Vermont
- Sydney Whitcomb Boston, MA
- Emery Ianvs Bass Dorchester, MA
- Erika Willis Tallahassee, FL
- Banita Blossomin United Kingdom
- Chad Cavanaugh San Diego, CA
- David bleecher Ames, IA
- Aaron Beatty Philadelphia, PA
- Kha’irah Nairobi Cook Los Angeles, CA
- Malcolm X Price Philadelphia, PA
- Luke Galan Page Los Angeles, CA
- Isabella Imbrugia Rochester, NY
- Termeh Babalou London
- Ash Horlick United Kingdon
- Ronald Comeau Brooklyn, NY
- Jerron Kegler Page Nacogdoches, TX
- Kevin Betou Savannah, GA
- Dennis Owuso-Ansah New York, NY
- Katie Minnis Toronto, Canada
- Adrian lowe Minneapolis, MN
- Tate Cocotos Livingston, Montana
- Isabella Martz Florida, USA
- Samia Fakih New York, NY
- Casey Sussman Vancouver, Washington
- Sarah Yang Raleigh, NC
- Maggie Morgan Athens, OH
- Bayron Calderon Trenton, NJ
- Ki Agee Atlanta, GA
- John Kind Boston, MA
- David Johnson Baltimore, MD
- Greg Sevik Houston, TX
- Melanie B. Scheider New Mexico
- Omaolara Kaplan Atlanta, GA
- Joel Katz Cherry Valley, CA
- Gabriel Lugo Woodbridge, VA
- Timothy Kornegay North Carolina, USA
- Sherrod Robinson Virginia, USA
- Anthony Andujar New York, USA
- Kipjo Ewers Ney Jersey, USA
- Giovanni Pagliari, Ohio, USA